Traumpfade im Rhein-Mosel-Eifel-Land Verified partner Explorers Choice
Blick von der HitzlayPhoto: Traumpfade im Rhein-Mosel-Eifel-Land
Alternating peaceful sections of forests and passages with magnificent views over the Mosel plateau are the attraction of this hike. Jungle-like paths pass through brook valleys to exposed viewpoints on Hitzlay Mountain and at Friar Felix’s Cabin.
Highlights at Traumpfad
- Jungle path through the Schwalberbach valley
- Röder Chapel
- Hitzlay Hill with fantastic panorama view of the Mosel valley
- Viewing platform „Friar Felix’s Cabin“
Rest stopsHotel Moselblick
In some passages surefootedness and a head for heights are required.
Safety guidance – stay safe whilst hiking on the Traumpfade/Traumpfädchen
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfade/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Tips and hints
Tourist-Information Sonnige Untermosel, Tel.: +49 (0)2605/8472736, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.sonnige-untermosel.de
Projektbüro Traumpfade, Tel.: +49 (0)261/108419, email@example.com, www.traumpfade.info
Traumpfade-App für iOS: App bei iTunes download
Traumpfade-App für Android: App bei Google play download
From the Linkemühle (Parking) in Niederfell the trail ascends gently through the Aspeler brook valley. Here the hiker finds himself in the middle of unspoilt nature: rippling brooks, crooked trees and rugged rocks inspire him to dream. A narrow path leads on to the Schwalberhof. Further on there is a great panorama view to the distant conical volcanoes of the Vordereifel, before the hiker submerges into the wonderfully tranquil Schwalberbach valley. As soon as the valley has been crossed, the path continues through a wide expanse of fields to the Arkenwälderhof and finally dives into the majestic beech high forest. The next adventure is waiting – crossing the Aspeler brook through a ford.
Having climbed on to the bank, the hiker reaches the sleepy Niederfell Forest. Leaving the forest behind there is a fantastic view over the Mosel plateau. Past the lovely Röder Chapel, the trail goes on to Hitzlay mountain. From this exposed viewpoint, the Mosel valley lies at the hiker’s feet, like an enchanted model landscape. Along big hedges and through orchards the trail continues slowly towards the Mosel valley. Great views and impressive cliffs accompany the path to the viewing platform of “Friar Felix’s Cabin”, giving a fabulous view of the Mosel, before reaching the destination along the Nachtigallenpfad (“nightingale’s path”).
Destination stop: Niederfell Unter den Linden
Line 31 Koblenz main station - Burgen (Mosel)
B 49along the Moselle to Niederfell - (A 61 Exit Koblenz/Dieblich further on B 411 to B 49) - 56332 Niederfellcar park at Linkemühle (Bachstraße 22)
56332 Niederfell, car park at Linkemühle (Bachstraße 22)
Book recommendation by the author
- Traumpfade & Traumpfädchen Band 1: Die 18 besten Premium-Rundwanderungen an Rhein und Mosel, Ulrike Poller & Wolfgang Todt ISBN: 978-3-942779-64-7
- 27 Premium-Rundwege Traumpfade, Jubiläumsausgabe 10 Jahre Traumpfade, Ulrike Poller & Wolfgang Todt, ISBN: 978-3-942779-43-2
Author’s map recommendations
- Freizeitkarte Mosel "Maifeld und Untermosel" (1:25 000), ISBN: 978-3-944620-16-9
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Sturdy shoes are recommended for the tour!
You can find trail closures at: https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfade/wege-status/
- 28 Waypoints
- 28 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Photos from others