The old town of Limburg is a jewel! You should try the local speciality "Limburger Edelsäcker" (stuffed pork loin with dried meat, cucumber and sauerkraut).
Safety informationFor information on diversions and relocations, please see our "Current Information".
Information on restrictions in the rail network can be found here.
Tips and hintswww.facebook.com/lahnwanderweg
Tourist Information Limburg
Barfüßerstr. 6, 65549 Limburg
Tel. 06431/61 66
Lahntal Tourismus Verband e.V.
Getting thereA3 or B49 to Limburg, B49 to Villmar
ParkingVillmar, railway station
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentOrdinary hiking equipment required. Take backpack vespers and drinks with you.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.