Alternative starting point in Gießen:
For a duration of 6.9 km, the access path from Gießen to the Lahnwanderweg trail leads across the Lahnauen to the turnoff in Krofdorf-Gleiberg. From there, the Lahnwanderweg trail runs to the tour’s destination in Lollar for 15.6 km.
*** Current note: Due to renovation works the tower of the castle ruin Vetzberg is not climbable at the moment! ***
The Gail'sche Park in Rodheim-Bieber is also worth a visit.
Safety informationFor information on diversions and relocations, please see our "Current Information".
Information on restrictions in the rail network can be found here.
Tips and hintswww.facebook.com/lahnwanderweg
Landkreis Gießen - Stabsstelle Wirtschaftsförderung/Tourismus
Riversplatz 1-19, 35394 Gießen
Tel. 02752/8 98
Lahntal Tourismus Verband e.V.
Brückenstraße 2, 35576 Wetzlar
Tel. 06441/30998-0, Fax 03212/1239508
Getting thereTo Rodheim-Bieber via A480, L3047 and L3286
To Lollar via B3
ParkingParking spaces are available in both townships where stages start or end
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentOrdinary hiking equipment required. Take backpack vespers and drinks with you.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.