Now that we are on our way to Feudingen, we will have to accomplish further meters of altitude. The section through the romantic Ilsetal promises relaxation and peace.
Distance 16.8 km
This stage has quite a lot of ups and downs. First of all, you will walk uphill to the impressive Wittgenstein castle, then down to the Lahn near Saßmannshausen where you cross the young river at the Wahlbachsmühle. After an ascent to the Großgemeindestein there will be a further descent into the romantic Ilsetal. At the end of the hike, you will walk over the hills again until you reach the stage’s destination in the village of Feudingen that is welcoming hikers warmly. Take your time and enjoy the landscape to the full.
It is pleasantly cool in the most densely wooded district of Germany, even on very hot days. There won’t be any places to stop for refreshments, so we recommend bringing provisions and beverages.
Update: November 23, 2021
Safety informationFor information on diversions and relocations, please see our "Current Information".
Information on restrictions in the rail network can be found here.
Tips and hintswww.facebook.com/lahnwanderweg
TKS Bad Laasphe GmbH
Wilhelmsplatz 3, 57334 Bad Laasphe
Tel. 02752/8 98
Lahntal Tourismus Verband e.V.
Brückenstraße 2, 35576 Wetzlar
Tel. 06441/30998-0, Fax 03212/1239508
Getting thereB62 from Marburg via Bad Laasphe to Feudingen
ParkingCenter of Bad Laasphe or at Feudingen railway station
32U 458692 5641876
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentOrdinary hiking equipment required. Take enough food and drinks with you!
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view